INTERNATIONAL MEDIA ENGAGEMENT | MEDIA LAUNCH | CELEBRITY AMBASSADOR | MEDIA HOSTING AND REGISTRATION | EVENT MANAGEMENT
Interest in the Sydney Mardi Gras was waning and Events NSW were concerned about their substantial sponsorship. The campaign they wanted to run was to communicate Mardi Gras’ key messaging of diversity and acceptance, both nationally and international, drive awareness to a national and international audience.
- Created a three phased approach to generate substantial brand recognition and participation. Invited Spencer Tunick, an American photographer best known for organizing large-scale nude shoots. Spencer had photographed over 75 human installations around the world and he had never organised a shoot in Sydney.
- Engaged with media here and in overseas destinations such as San Francisco.
- Invited Lady Gaga to participate in the shoot as she has conducted her university thesis
- Invited media to a special media launch with a recreation of the Sex in the City naked sushi scene. This was picked up by media across the Globe.
- Hosted the installation at the Opera House and 8,000 naked people took part in this event Managed a 150 strong media contingent
- 8,000 people registered
- 435 clippings
- Audience reach 429,943,401 people.
WHAT THE CLIENT SAID.
“I have been absolutely blown away by the publicity surrounding the Spencer Tunick installation. Whether it was the linking of Spencer Tunick and Lady Gaga with Mardi Gras or recreating the nude Sushi scene from Sex & the City and meshing this with a political message, Ro and Drew have ticked all the boxes and appealed to the necessary audiences. People travel from 60 countries around the world to experience the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras, so having these stories go global has been brilliant.”
NIC PARKER, CO-CHAIR, SYDNEY GAY AND LESBIAN MARDI GRAS